Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy (Belated) St. Valentine's Day




We had a nice Valentine's Day here at home this year. Oh wait, that is what we do every year! I started the morning by making my boys pink heart pancakes. Isn't that what every man and his son want for breakfast? Actually, Little Guy asks for pancakes, waffles and couscous for breakfast every single day. Having me home full time has gotten him out of his oatmeal for breakfast routine a bit more!

So back to the day...we had pancakes that I dyed using a little beet juice. I'm trying to get myself away from artificial coloring more and more and thought I'd give it a whirl. It turned out really pretty, but the pancakes got very golden so they no longer looked pink when baked. The taste was great though! For lunch we had leftovers so nothing special there, but our dinner is a tradition! We had homemade garlic bread, seriously kicked up mac and cheese, roasted broccoli spears, A&W in frosted mugs, and hot fudge cake for dessert. It was a great meal and a nice day all in all.



I topped off the Valentine's Day food the next morning by making eggs in a hole heart style. They turned out really cute and were appreciated most by Mike. I didn't realize that he loves those so much and need to make an effort to make them more often!

Here's hoping you had a wonderful Valentine's Day surrounded by those you love!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment