Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What an exciting time to live in Wisconsin! The entire state is having a blast celebrating the Packer's big victory and we couldn't be happier. We were invited to a friend's house to watch the Superbowl, but since Peanut wasn't feeling the best and Little Guy is just on the mend we decided not to chance being out late and around new germs.

Turns out it was a good decision. Peanut got sick during half time. Really sick, scared Mommy sick. She had been warm and obviously not feeling good all day, but nothing too bad and pretty much just par for the course with this yucky cold thing. Then she was really, really warm and just not acting or looking right. Took her temp it was 102.5. Not good news. We called the after hours number at our pediatrician's office and when the doctor called back he wasn't overly worried. He just wanted us to bathe her, give her Tylenol and watch her. If it got above 104 go to Children's ER. And he had to go, he was watching the Superbowl, click. Seriously? I was basically hung up on by the doctor because of the game.

In the end her temp came down to about 100 after a scary period where she got kind of listless and I spent most of the night up with her nursing and comforting and checking temps and such. Yesterday the nurse at the office was much more thorough and comforting, but we may have a while to go with this. And if other symptoms get worse we may still be going in. But she reassured me a ton after she heard that we've never dealt with much sickness other than some diaper rash issues with Little Guy. We've been really lucky.

I'm up early with her this morning and she is doing pretty well temperature wise. She's got a cough that isn't fun, but I'm more hopeful that this will pass without major complications. Here's hoping my response system can quiet down now too. I've been a bit strung out on worry and lack of sleep the last few days!

Woohoo Packers!


  1. Oh my! What a D#$*! Sorry, I can't believe he said that to you.

    We've been through that with Mimi. A few times. At this age, I would simply do a "nurse-in" and stay home in bed with her all day. It sounds like you are doing all the right stuff. I know it's tough not to worry, but she will be okay!

    The only time we had to put her on antibiotics is when she ended up having a infection of the ears, nose and mouth. It was a triple whammy. But she actually started turning blue, non-responsive and wouldn't even nurse. So now I know, as long as she is nursing - we are on the good side of the territory.

  2. I meant to add, I would take in any baby that isn't nursing. Right away.

  3. I hope its nothing too serious and she feels better soon. How scary though! :(