Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Hog order 2023/2024

This was the most messed up order ever :)


We had two half pigs--one a boar and one a regular hog.  I'm not sure if it was that messing things up or the person taking the order, but yikes, this wasn't great.  I wanted the pork bellies left untouched, other than cut into 3 pieces each.  Instead I got cut and sliced and wrapped side pork, which we had to exchange.  And then I got full pork bellies--not fun for the freezer.  Based on the counts I am short two packages of pork chops, but I don't know for sure because we got packages double stamped so we don't know what is in them. We didn't order steaks--but packs are stamped them.  We also had a totally unmarked package, but we figured out that was likely jowls.  I wanted my hams cut into quarters, not just half, but that didn't happen either.  Just not great.

I had the regular pig done the way we always do, the boar I had the hams put into more ground pork.

Paid Ibelings $175

Paid Country Pride $313.73

Total paid was $88.73 and my best guess is about 196 pounds, plus fat, which puts us roughly at $2.49/pound--but this is rough.

Ground pork: 55 pounds

Ham (just from regular pig, so it was one ham cut in half): 2 packs, 28 pounds

Country Ribs (2 packs):16 lbs 2 oz

Spare Ribs(2 packs): 9lbs, 1 oz

Jowls (2 packs): 7lbs, 10 oz

Shoulder Roast (12): 40 lbs, 12oz

Loin Roasts (2): 10lbs, 4oz

Hocks (4): 16lbs, 12oz

Pork Chops (6?): 15lbs, 7oz

Side porks was 25 pounds, not sure what the pork bellies are:


No comments:

Post a Comment