Sunday, September 27, 2009

How Funny Is This?



I just thought this eggplant was too cute. Doesn't it look like it is waving? Or like it is a hook to hang a purse on? I didn't see this part until I got home as it was in a basket of 3 eggplants (for $1) and they just dumped the basket into my bag. Too funny!





Anyone have any great eggplant recipes? I didn't grow up eating it, but have made a few things with them the last few summers. We've made Pasta Norma and I've put it into veggie lasagna and even oven roasted it with beets and garlic. Mike isn't a huge fan and I think it is mostly the texture. I know my grandma fries it, but I haven't tried that yet. I'd love any suggestions you might have!

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I slice it in about 1/4" length wise, brush it with olive oil, (careful, it sucks it up like a sponge) then grill it. SO delicious. I also make ratatouille, also in a pan on the grill. (in the oven if it is cool enough outside) Baba Ganoush is an Indian dip I also like. Recipes all over the internet for that. It is one of my favorite vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a saguaro cactus to me!! I also like babaganoush. I have a crock pot curry recipe that calls for eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family likes eggplant cut in rounds about 1/2" thick, spread thinly with cheese sauce, pressed in seasoned bread crumbs and baked at 350 for 45 minutes - flip half way through baking time to brown both sides. The rounds can also be frozen (layer with plastic or wax paper) and reheated in a skillet or oven. It's a good recipe for big zucchini as well.

    ReplyDelete