Thursday, June 3, 2010

Waiting....

That's what I'm doing. Not very patiently, but still I'm waiting. And I'm taking phone calls from those who are also not very patiently waiting for Baby 2's arrival.

My parents are driving up on Saturday to attend a cousin's wedding. But really, they are coming to meet their newest grandchild. Unfortunately they have planned the trip (based on the wedding) before we know when baby will get here! Now my mom is in a bit of a panic worrying that Baby 2 will not come before they have to leave to go home. I've told her to think patient thoughts and come prepared to play with Little Guy. They planned a trip (also due to a wedding) for a few days past Little Guys due date and he performed perfectly arriving a few days before they arrived. This baby is due 4 days after they get here and we have no signs that labor is going to start anytime soon.

I'm also slightly worried that having my parents in our home will not be the best thing for me to be relaxed and ready for labor. Anyone have any advice about having house guests and putting yourself into labor?

This waiting and watching is an interesting lesson for me. I'm working on making sure that I continue to have trust that my body will kick into labor all by itself and that Baby 2 will not be a 10 pounder! :) Here's hoping that things happen sooner rather than later and that all goes well!

Heather

6 comments:

  1. Heather! I thought you were so quite because you had a new little one... I went 2 weeks over with my second, not easy to be patient I know. Hang in there and as long as your house guests know they are able to help themselves that should take away some of the work involved. I think it is pretty common to have few warning signs with a second baby. You probably have dropped already and any other signs may not happen until the contractions are in full force. Hang in there girl! Wish we were a bit closer and I would come walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also two weeks over which is normal! It was fun walking around and having people asking me when I was due and I would say, "4 days ago." Reactions ranged from gaping to "shouldn't you be in the hospital?" lol. Probably the best thing to do is ask your parents to devote time to your #1 child so you can go get massages, walk, grocery shop, etc.

    I too have watching and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might help... I used accupressure to stimulate labor and I am fairly certain it worked. I waited until I almost 42 weeks though. Also, chiropractic helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in noooo hurry to give birth, so I don't have too much! My massage therapist also does reflexology and said that it can help, and chiro certainly couldn't hurt, I don't think. Am keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the support! So far things are good with the house guests and the wedding and such was great for keeping my mind off things. Everyone was so surprised we were there and kept asking how I felt, when we were due, etc. Pretty funny!

    I appreciate all the ideas and prayers. Goodness knows my mom will probably have me trying them all with a day or two so she can meet this grandchild!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have her give you a good foot/ankle rub. I hear that there are acupressure points there that can cause you to go into labor. Maybe that would help get things going. We're anxiously waiting for news from you too about baby #2's arrival! Good luck and remember to relax!

    ReplyDelete