Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Other Baby Turns 30 Today!

Not the best picture, but it shows Mike with two of his loves!

When I met Mike one of my concerns was that he was 3 3/4 years younger than me. I didn't know if I was okay with that---odd thing to care about I realize, but it was on my mind.





I turned 30 about 2 months after we met. He turns 30 TODAY. As in, we have met, dated, been engaged, been married, had a baby, baby turned one and NOW he is finally getting around to turning 30. Wild, huh? Can't wait until this happens at 50. Oh, wait, yes I can.





Could you do me a favor? Would you send an e-mail to my accordion playing, amazing dad, great husband, Pint Size Polka pioneering, root beer drinking, dark chocolate loving husband?





His e-mail address is Mike@mikeschneiderband.com and I'm hoping he gets LOTS of e-mails from people he knows and people he doesn't know. He'll be so tickled!





And he already opened his gift and LOVES it. I went out on a limb and splurged a lot for it. I bought him a GPS unit that he can use as he travels to schools and libraries and gigs. He's traveled to many states this summer performing his Pint Size Polka program and I know that the Garmin would have helped. He lit up like a Christmas tree when he opened it! It is fun to spoil him a little from time to time. And I figured a 30th birthday was a great reason to do it.





Now I'm baking his cake and later we're going to Sprecher to do the Brewery tour. Dinner will be at Solly's restaurant. They have burgers that are amazing (and amazingly bad for you, I'm sure) and we only go every couple of years. I'll get some pictures (hopefully) to show you how crazy they are with the butter. It is actually the birth place of the butter burger and they are NOT shy with the butter.





Have a great Wednesday!


Heather





P.S. Please e-mail my hubby :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderfully thoughtful thing to do! Email is on it's way. And btw, 50 isn't so bad - you'll wonder how it got here so fast. And 61 isn't bad either. Can't believe I'll qualify for social security next year - if it's still around that is! Hope you both enjoy his birthday and your un-birthday.

    ReplyDelete